Friday, June 8, 2012

Now full laughter

For my main entries in any of the HWCI pools, the original "Fabone" has to be a part of the name.  This year, a rather boring Futbol Fabone Five.  But my second entry, which I have been doing more of, I can be more creative with the nickname (and it usually does a lot worse than my main entry).  For the soccer pools, I have been trying to tie it into the host country(s) culture.  In 2002 it was Man Eat Dog World in honor of Korea.  In 2006 (Germany) it was Ich Bin Amerikaner a twist on JFK's famous Ich Bin Ein Berliner phrase.  In 2010 (South Africa) it was Zulupalooza, a play on Lulupalooza with Zulu being a nod to southern Africa and Palooza being "party". So...

Here is my second entry SiemkoStrimkoPlinko! which the first two refer to the twin mascot names that came in second in fan balloting (the winners were Slavek and Slavko) and of course, the great game on the Price is Right.  And as I stated in my previous post, I went with France all the way.  I picked France to win in 1998 (got 3rd!) and 2002 (3rd from last).  Then I didn't pick them in 2006 (they made the final and their loss meant I dropped from 3rd to 4th).  I actually did okay with France in 2010 not picking them to do much.  So how will 2012 play out?

http://www.hwci.com/euro/2012/entries/SiemkoStrimkoPlinko!.htm

So how did you pick your nickname?

Edit:  Just realized that Futbol Fabone Five abbreviated is FFF, which is the French Football Federation!  I'm going to win!  Or lose badly.

1 comment:

  1. Note that my Semifinal pick is GERMANY, not GREECE... lol...

    ReplyDelete