Saturday, July 3, 2021

A Missing $ Sign

Should be $E$79:$E$80
Just a heads up that I found an error in my Excel file which affected a few entries that had ENG in the Semis but didn't get the points... ended up that a missing $ sign (which keeps row the same if you move different rows, but didn't as I moved a row down in this case) in the equation didn't carry over for the last few columns, which mainly affected Fantasy.  Thus, Fantasy essentially takes over my Glory to the Heroes pick, and finishes 4th in the scenarios I thought I would finish 4th for.  Thus, I had false hopes for a few days ;-)  The only other change is that Spermicidal FC (who would've had to win a 3-way tie for 4th if DEN>ESP in final) joined me, leaving 11 entries still alive instead of the original 12.

We still have the same 5 who can win the pool.  Daily update later tonight and then the email update tomorrow.  

BTW, I also fixed my possibilities Excel macro which should reduce the time to run the 32K scenarios after the Group Stage from 12-20 hours down to 1-4 hours, depending on PC resources.  So I may go back and edit the possibilities with this small correction.  I hope now I have tailored my Excel file for 24/32 team tourneys but it will have to chance in 2026 when the World Cup goes to 48 teams (hence, another reason I am not keen in doing the Copa or Gold Cups -- too random that small programming errors to adjust for special tourneys frustrate me!).

Have a safe and happy Independence Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment